I've got a regular stack for you and I'll give it to you in about a month. [img]wink.gif[/img]
So, I went to the comic shop to pick up my regular stack. Here's what I got:
All in all, they were pretty good:
-AVENGERS: It was alright. I'm interested to see what they do with the new Invaders comic.
-EXCALIBUR: I fucking hate what they're revealing in this book. Magneto should be dead...
-FLASH: Pretty good...*shrug*
-AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: Awesome...the art is MUCH improved over JRJR...
-SUPERMAN: Boring...AGAIN. Jim Lee is wasted on this arc I tell you.
-TEEN TITANS: Awesome, I love this comic.
-WANTED: Fucking awesome. If you haven't checked out this miniseries, do so...NOW
-WEAPON X: The art fucking sucks, and the big reveal about Wolverine's past was anti-climactic. I won't be pickiung this book up again.
-WONDER WOMAN: Pretty good, not my favorite comic, but it's written by Rucka, and well...
-ASTONISHING X-MEN: Best X-book I've read in a LONG time. The dialogue is downright brilliant, almost as good as Bendis.
After coming home, I realized I forgot to look for some things for werewolfoz. While picking up a couple comics for him, I got this, for my MOC corner:
![]()
I've got a regular stack for you and I'll give it to you in about a month. [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yay!Originally posted by BigC:
I've got a regular stack for you and I'll give it to you in about a month. [img]wink.gif[/img]
*adds "Lube" to list of things to bring to SDCC*
[img]wink.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
YGM. And thanks again for going back out, man.
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
man, i want Superman and Astonishing so bad... gotta stay away from the comic store for a while [img]frown.gif[/img]
i agree with the Magneto thing. I saw the preview fo rthat issue recently, which had 4 pages or something. Xavier is explaining to mags that 'the imposter' was really bad, and they still dont know who it was, and he killed Jean. Mags didnt know anything about it. Didnt know Jean was dead. Like he's been in Genosha hiding this whole time. Now they are going to team up? Did Xavier just forget to mention to the rest o fthe Xmen that their arch-nemesis is still alive? boy are they gonna be pissed when they find out...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YGM Back...Originally posted by werewolfoz:
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
YGM. And thanks again for going back out, man.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it's ridiculous. He has died twice in the past couple years, and in the past 6 months, both of those deaths have been proven "fake"...(Not to mention the whole Xorn situation)Originally posted by UrashimaNick:
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
man, i want Superman and Astonishing so bad... gotta stay away from the comic store for a while [img]frown.gif[/img]
i agree with the Magneto thing. I saw the preview fo rthat issue recently, which had 4 pages or something. Xavier is explaining to mags that 'the imposter' was really bad, and they still dont know who it was, and he killed Jean. Mags didnt know anything about it. Didnt know Jean was dead. Like he's been in Genosha hiding this whole time. Now they are going to team up? Did Xavier just forget to mention to the rest o fthe Xmen that their arch-nemesis is still alive? boy are they gonna be pissed when they find out...
yeah -- its like the writers cant think of creative ways to use the other villians, so they keep bringing magneto back, in case they need him in the future...
and the Xorn thing pissed me off to no end. i actually really liked the character. I thought he was badass in a scary lookin quiet freak kinda way. And i LOVED the fact that Xavier was walking again. He didnt have a handicap anymore, and was in prime position to start kickin a little ass of his own. when morrison took that away from me in a matter of two pages, my heart was broken.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, in "X-Men", they've found a guy who might be the "real" Xorn...He'll probably tell everyone how he was captured by the "imposter", and who he was...Originally posted by UrashimaNick:
yeah -- its like the writers cant think of creative ways to use the other villians, so they keep bringing magneto back, in case they need him in the future...
and the Xorn thing pissed me off to no end. i actually really liked the character. I thought he was badass in a scary lookin quiet freak kinda way. And i LOVED the fact that Xavier was walking again. He didnt have a handicap anymore, and was in prime position to start kickin a little ass of his own. when morrison took that away from me in a matter of two pages, my heart was broken.
Hopefully...
Bookmarks